Technical IT Project Manager (TIPM) – Job description
Main duties and responsibilities
The Technical IT Project Manager (TIPM) is responsible for planning, executing, and finalizing projects
according to strict deadlines and within defined quality and budget. This includes coordinating the efforts
of IFS team members, third-party software partners/suppliers and customers in order to deliver projects
according to plan. The candidate will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control
throughout its life cycle.
The Technical IT Project Manager (TIPM) will be responsible for on-boarding new customers as well as
developing and managing internal technology or change projects. The Candidate will be working closely
with the IFS Technical department and Sales and Business Senior Management on Strategic Business Projects.
Projects such as: identifying future information technology platforms at IFS or integrating current Systems
at IFS. Further, the candidate must possess the ability to analyze and identify technological market
developments and map them to new technological product offerings based on IFS’ current platform and
The candidate must possess the ability to develop and motivate employees and project participants,
including encourage employees to take ownership of their jobs and to strive for personal excellence.
The Technical IT project manager possess a strong technical orientation, excellent management and people
skills and the candidate will refer directly to the CEO of IFS. Subsequently, the candidate will run and
manage his/hers own department.
Some of the key responsibilities:
- On-boarding new customers (lead client facing software implementations across a portfolio of
- Lead software or services implementations.
- Drive business, functional and technical resolutions with the customers and team members.
- Manage project plan, communication plan, allocating tasks and setting milestone.
- Project Risk Management.
- Project Quality Management.
- Planning and monitoring of the project Scope, objectives, tasks, resources and schedule.
- Project Change Management & Project Stakeholders.
- Working closely with IFS Technical department, Sales and business senior management.
- Manage change, mitigations and project communication.
On-boarding new customers:
When IFS on-boards new customers a pre-defined IFS project model is used. Our IT project manager will ensure a smooth on-boarding process and mitigate project risks. Some the tasks related to customer on-
boarding projects are:
- Prepare project plan together with customer and IFS technical department.
- Clear communication with customer and internally with stakeholders.
- Assist Technical department with integration to customers 3rd party systems (identify customers
backend systems, help getting access to customers backend systems).
- Define roles and responsibilities.
- Monitor or track project milestones and deliverables.
- Reporting to IFS Management and customers.
- Update project management tool, Jira.
Other job Duties and Tasks:
- Identify, analyze and implement new internal systems and processes.
- Conduct Requirement specifications for internal projects.
- Participate in customer audits.
- Assist with answering potential customer’s RFPs, RFQ, RFI (Request for Proposal, Quotation and
- Develop implementation plans that include analyses such as cost-benefit or return on investment
- Develop and manage work breakdown structure (WBS) of information technology projects.
- Perform risk assessments to develop response strategies.
- Negotiate with project stakeholders or suppliers to obtain resources or materials.
- Coordinate recruitment or selection of project personnel.
- Identify, review, or select vendors or consultants to meet project needs.
- Knowledge of data integration.
- Familiarity/experience with Integration concepts, technologies and patterns, XML, JSON, knowledge of web services (SOAP and REST).
- Experience with Web Services with WCF.
- Knowledge from IT infrastructure projects.
- Experience with C#.NET, ASP.NET is preferable.
- Experience with MSSQL database server is preferable.
A real desire to implement projects (internal or on-boarding new customers) successfully within
time, budget and quality
- Positive and optimistic approach to problem-solving.
- Creates and cultivates a playful and relaxed work environment.
- Collaborative team spirit.
- Passion for the product.
- Service minded, proactive, excellent communication skills.
- Ability to drive problem and project to a final solution.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in information technology or computer science or similar field is preferable.
- Management certification with at least 6-8 years of work experience. (preferable)
- Background from the airline industry or a pilot background is preferable. (preferable)
- Must possess solid “business-side” project management experience.
- Professional in Project Management.
- Very good know how on Project Management Methods, Processes and Tools.
- Seeking and sharing knowledge.
- Excellent English skills – written and verbal.
- Knowledge about ITIL principles is preferable.
Compensation: Competitive market salary with pension and other benefits.
IFS’ HQ is based in Copenhagen Airport, near train and Metro stations and close to the motorway. Please
contact Consultant and Project Manager Peter Max Rasmussen for any queries on phone +45 29400326 or