Tue13Nov2018Thu15Nov2018London, United Kingdom
Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) Users Forum
About EFB Users Forum
Co-Chairman: Captain Philipp Haller, Austrian Airlines
Co-Chairman: Captain Will Ware, Southwest Airlines
This activity provides a unified forum for airlines, system integrators, hardware and software providers, regulators, and other interested parties to present and discuss topics of interest to the EFB user community. This includes but is not limited to EFB subjects such as:
- Regulatory changes
- Communication interfaces (including media, provider, connectivity)
- Data input devices, terminals, displays, and interactive devices
- Hardware and software development
- Electrical interfaces and power supply
- Operational issues
The EFB Users Forum attracts airlines, suppliers, and regulators to discuss operational and technical trends. Speakers are invited to share their experiences and exchange information to identify issues and their potential solutions. This activity provides benefits to the aviation community by:
- Clarifying in-service issues
- Supporting operational enhancements
- Promoting interchangeability of hardware and compatibility of software
- Increasing competition and product offerings
- Encouraging harmonized regulations
- Publicizing EFB developments
- Advancing new EFB applications
Mon26Nov2018Wed28Nov2018Radisson Blu Edwardian Hotel, London Heathrow, UK
The Marketplace for Aircraft Connectivity & Airline eEnablement
The promise of connectivity as a cure to many of the industry’s inefficiencies has been around a few years now. New hardware solutions, new vendors, new services, new
content, new business models for airlines or vendors alike are being introduced to the market frequently. The regulatory and standards side is trying to keep up with the
increasingly dynamic industry around connectivity.
The challenges of measuring the values of connectivity are growing, rather than becoming less.
The buzz-word bonanza of the industry is being enriched every year. Whether its Big Data, IoT, personalisation, densification etc…new concepts are coming around the corner frequently.
This year’s conference will focus on breaking down the rhetoric to help delegates:
- Gain a full working knowledge of a complex market through educational sessions led by experts.
- Learn from the industry’s leading experts about what to look for and how to implement.
- Vendors have the opportunity to showcase their solutions through a mixture of exhibition and / or 10-minute presentation slots in one of the solution streams.
Connected Aircraft eEnablement Conference 2018
Launched in London in October 2013, the Aircraft eEnablement Connectivity & IFE Conference was the world’s first event of its kind to cover airline eEnablement and complete nose-to-tail aircraft connectivity. Now re-named, the Connected Aircraft eEnablement Conference 2018 will again be the perfect venue for the exchange of ideas for everything to do with Flightdeck, Cabin and Ground Connectivity; Satcom; Big Data Analytics; Cybersecurity; Maintenance & Health Monitoring; IoT; Aircraft Tracking plus Airline eEnablement processes. The event will also provide exceptional networking opportunities for all attendees, and will help all airline departments to harness the operational benefits and revenue opportunities available with connected aircraft.
Pre-Conference Cyber Security Training Workshop
Join us on Monday the 10th of September, at 14:00 to 17:30 for our Pre-Conference Training Workshop: Aviation Cyber Secutiry Training Workshop.
This training workshop covers all aspects of Cyber Security within aviation with a particular focus on Operations, Connectivity and Systems security. During the interactive workshop, you will learn about the latest security threats and updates to regulations. At the end of the session, participants will have a working knowledge of how airlines and aviation companies can prepare themselves to face Cyber attacks and learn about industry best practice. Participants will also be aware of how to ensure their companies are compliant according to the latest industry regulations. The workshop will close with a Q&A session and participants are invited to send in their key questions and details of any particular cyber security problems facing their companies ahead of the session - our experts will then ensure you leave with the answers and knowledge needed to meet these challenges.
Click here for full information and to register to attend the workshop. Please note there is an additional fee of EUR € 250.00 to attend this Training Workshop.
Who will be attending?
- Aircraft OEMs
- Connectivity suppliers (hardware, service providers, neutral connectivity performance analysts)
- IFE & C Manufacturers & suppliers
- Content supply chain participants
- Cyber security solutions
- Cabin interior designers & seating manufacturers
- Passenger experience experts
The event will enable airline delegates to see the latest innovations and possibly disruptive flightdeck and cabin connectivity solutions and concepts.
Aircraft Commerce has been running successful conferences, on numerous aviation subjects for over sixteen years, with a proven track record of providing suppliers prime
opportunities to showcase their expert solutions to audiences of highly relevant airline attendees.
2018 Conference Agenda
The focused two-day agenda of presentations, given by industry experts and airlines, discuss the latest issues and trends in the rapidly developing sectors of flight deck
connectivity and cabin IFEC. Case studies and panel discussions are included to ensure that all delegates receive varied and fresh information
within this two-day event format.
Guaranteed maximum impact for product showcases in one of the solution overview sessions right next to the meeting rooms. With multiple refreshment breaks and networking opportunities, exhibitors will gain maximum exposure and engagement with potential customers (airlines and vendors).
Products and services showcased include:
- Connectivity solution to the aircraft for cockpit and cabin
- Connectivity solutions within the aircraft
- Data and content platforms ranging from personalised ancillary revenue to Live TV
- Cyber security solutions
- IFE solutions from high-end embedded to portable WiFi
- EFB and ETL solutions
- Aircraft and Engine health monitoring solutions
- Services to evaluate and measure connectivity
Long morning and afternoon refreshment breaks, together with one-hour lunch breaks, offer generous networking time to discuss the latest connectivity solutions available from all exhibitors. Enjoy networking time with your peers, interact with airline decision makers from around the world and turn them into your customers.
At the 2017 event more than 200 airline decision makers from more than 40 different airlines were in attendance, and more than 100 people from aviation industry companies represented.